“The Ramsay Sime Darby Way” culture recognises that people – staff and doctors – are our most important asset and this has been key to our organisation’s ongoing success.
The principles of The Ramsay Sime Darby Way are:
- We are caring, progressive, enjoy our work and use a positive spirit to succeed
- We take pride in our achievements and actively seek new ways of doing things better
- We value integrity, credibility and respect for the individual
- We build constructive relationships to achieve positive outcomes for all
- We believe that success comes through recognising and encouraging the value of people and teams
- We aim to grow our business while maintaining sustainable levels of profitability, providing a basis for stakeholder loyalty
People caring for people
Our slogan “People Caring for People” has become synonymous with the way we operate our business. We recognise that we operate in an industry where “care” is not just a value statement, but a critical part of the way we must go about our daily operations in order to meet the expectations of our customers – our patients and our staff.
Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care is committed to ongoing improvement of patient care in all areas. While we have an excellent record in delivering quality patient care and managing risks, we continue to focus on improvements that will keep us at the forefront of healthcare delivery. To this end, Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care prides itself on listening and responding to the needs of our patients. We continually evaluate and improve on all aspects of our performance through customer satisfaction surveys and formal feedback processes.
Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care differentiates itself from other hospital operators through its decentralised management structure, which allows our managers to develop productive working relationships with doctors. We pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we have built with doctors throughout our organisation. Our hospitals are led by competent and experienced managers renowned for having an “open door” policy for doctors and staff.
Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care staff work in an environment that is receptive and flexible and they have the opportunity to shape the standards and quality of care. Our internal policies and processes aim to provide staff at all levels with career expansion, training and development opportunities. We are recognised for our commitment to staff through the fostering and development of a special culture, one that recognises that our people are the key to our success. We call this “The Ramsay Sime Darby Way”